United Way of Eastern Maine raises funds each year to support five counties in Eastern Maine, helping strengthen our community for everyone who lives here. The majority of those funds are raised through workplace campaigns. If you’d like to introduce a workplace campaign to your company, contact Jesse Moriarity at (207) 941-2800 or email@example.com to learn more.
United Way campaigns are the most trusted workplace giving choice among Eastern Maine businesses. If you’re visiting as an Employee Campaign Manager (ECM), we’re glad you’re visiting! Campaign Central is all about YOU! You are such a valuable part of our annual campaign. We have many resources for you.
- Employee Campaign Manager training: This year we’re mixing it up a bit. The sessions will just be 1.5 hours and food will be served. If you’re new to United Way or have never run a campaign before we suggest you either attend the combined session in Ellsworth or a beginner session in Bangor. If you’ve been running a United Way campaign for years, but are looking for new ideas we suggest you attend the Advanced session in Bangor.Pick the date and location that works best for you:
- Advanced Training: Monday, Sept 16, 12-1:30 PM, Central Meeting House, 33 Central Street, Bangor
- Beginner Training: Wednesday, Sept 18, 12-1:30 PM, Central Meeting House, 33 Central Street, Bangor
- Combined training: Thursday, Sept 19, 12-1:30 PM Moore Community Center, 125 State Street, Ellsworth
And RSVP either online: http://bit.ly/uwemecm or by giving us a call at (207) 941-2800.
- Campaign kickoff is coming right up and we have seriously changed it up. Rather than a picnic in a park, this year we’re having a BBQ on a roof top! Join us Thursday, Sept 26 from 4 to 7 PM for a FREE BBQ on the rooftop of Hollywood Casino’s Parking Garage to celebrate the kickoff of our campaign. Food provided by Hannaford Supermarkets & Hollywood Casino Hotel & Raceway Bangor (along with a cash bar.) Event sponsored by First National Bank. Feel free to wear your favorite United Way shirt or order a new on by contacting Kim at the Advertising Specialists of Maine (firstname.lastname@example.org) or online at www.unitedwaystore.com right away. Be sure to RSVP at: http://bit.ly/uwbbq2019
- Starting a campaign
- Creative & fun ideas
- Campaign materials & video
- Incentive prizes
- Sponsorship opportunites (pdf)
- Corporate Recognition & Awards
Since the year 2000 when United Way of Eastern Maine started the Leaders’ Circle of giving to the Annual Campaign, these generous and loyal donors have sustained our efforts to create lasting change in the five counties we serve. Learn more.
Endowment and Planned Giving
Over the years we’ve learned that the work of today may not be the work of tomorrow. We know that our communities will grow and change. When you commit yourself to our endowment fund you guarantee our ability to respond to the changing landscape of Eastern Maine. With your help we can build capacity for both present and future needs for generations to come. Learn more.