Strategic Investment Grants are United Way of Eastern Maine’s primary vehicle for funding programs that meet our community goals. Approximately $50,000 in funds are available to agencies serving resident of Somerset County
APPLICATION LINKS (OPENING MAY 16 – LINK WILL APPEAR BELOW)
- ORGANIZATION APP (complete once per organization)
- FAST TRACK APP (program applications of $2,500-$10,000 annually)
- All applications must be submitted through the online portal.
- Applications are due by 4:00 PM on Wednesday, June 8, 2022.
HIGHLIGHTS OF OUR FUNDING
- Community volunteers review, score, and determine who will be funded. Volunteer to be a reviewer!
- Programs will choose from a list of shared community indicators as their performance measures that will feed up to UWEM’s headline indicators, instead of creating individual program logic models as in past cycles.
Organizations may submit an application for more than one program. However, with limited resources, we encourage organizations to determine program(s) that best align with our Opportunity 2028 Bold Goals.
- Total agency application requests/awards cannot exceed $80,000. No more than $80,000 in funding requests may be submitted by an organization.
- It is the responsibility of each organization to determine the program(s) for which they submit an application and the amount of the funding request.
- Grants cannot exceed 35% of the program budget.
Applicants must demonstrate alignment with and report data at 6 months and 1-year under United Way’s Bold Goals:
Bold Goal #1: Meet basic needs and promote self-sufficiency for all
Bold Goal #2: Prevent, treat and support recovery from Substance Use Disorder
Bold Goal #3: All children have quality early learning experiences
Bold goal information, including headline indicators, objectives, and statistics can be found by visiting opportunity2028.com/boldgoals
KEY APPLICATION DATES & INFO
Agencies are encouraged to attend our information session from 11-12 on Thursday, May 12. A link to the recording will be posted here on 5/13.
- May 12, 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM – Info Session (CLICK TO JOIN VIA ZOOM)
- May 16 – Applications open at 10:00 AM
- June 8 – Applications due at 4:00 PM
- July – Award decisions & notifications
- Strategic Investment Grants – Somerset Funding Philosophy and Guiding Principles
- Opportunity 2028 Measurement Framework
- Strategic Investment Grants – Application Review Scoring