VOLUNTEER AS A COMMUNITY IMPACT GRANT REVIEWER
Every three years, United Way of Eastern Maine (UWEM) accepts grant applications of local nonprofit programs as part of our Community Investment strategy. This process is led by the volunteers on our Community Impact Committee and Board of Directors. But they can’t do it alone – we need your help!
We are seeking 100 volunteers committed to UWEM’s Opportunity 2028 bold goals in Hancock, Penobscot, Piscataquis, Waldo, and Washington Counties to serve as grant review volunteers! This is one of the most critical volunteer roles at UWEM.
Volunteers participate in an orientation, read/review grant requests, and conduct program interviews. Volunteers will provide guidance to UWEM regarding each program’s strengths, challenges, and measurable outcomes.
- Attend training session (January 2022)
- Independently review 4-8 grant applications (February 2022)
- Conduct 1-2 grant applicant program interviews (February 2022)
- Meet with funding review panel (March 2022)
- Approximately 15 hours of time will be needed for this volunteer commitment.
- Daytime availability is required in 1-3 hour blocks.
- Commitment to UWEM values and mission
- Agree to communicate promptly with UWEM and fulfill commitment of volunteer role
- Attend training and adhere to UWEM Community Investment strategy/policies
- Actively participate in all application review activities
- Read and evaluate applications prior to interview/funding review panel
- Ask questions, have fun, and make a real impact on our community