Penobscot County has been chosen to receive $60,898.00 to supplement emergency food and shelter programs through the Department of Homeland Security and the Federal Emergency Management Agency. The United Way of Eastern Maine administers this program for Penobscot County as a service to the community. Last year, Emergency Food and Shelter funds were allocated to 12 area organizations. These 12 organizations provided over 75,000 meals and 1,735 nights of lodging with these supplemental funds.
The FEMA EFSP Local Board determines how the funds are to be distributed among the local qualifying programs. Under the terms of the grant from the National Board, local agencies chosen to receive funds must:
- be private, voluntary non-profits or units of government,
- be eligible to receive Federal funds,
- have an accounting system,
- practice nondiscrimination,
- have demonstrated the capability to deliver emergency food and/or shelter programs, and
- have a voluntary board, (if they are a private voluntary organization.)
All qualified organizations are urged to apply.
Applications for funding for Phase 34 are due by Thursday, June 22, 2017 at 4:00 pm.
Please contact Janelle Wuoristo at 941-2800 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any other questions.