Community Impact VISTA
United Way of Eastern Maine (UWEM) is committed to improving lives by mobilizing the caring power of people and communities. We are the largest private funder of education, income, and health services across our five-county area, home to 22% of Maine’s population, and cover 40% of Maine’s geographic area. Over the past five years, we have provided over $8.1 million in grants to nearly 60 non-profit agencies working throughout our service area.
We strive to make sure children are ready to learn, families are safe and self-sufficient, and seniors remain independent and active. And we do all of this by bringing together subject experts, business leaders, donors, neighborhoods, and members of local non-profit agencies.
In collaboration with AmeriCorps VISTA, we hope to empower individuals and families living in poverty to obtain employment and improve their financial education and management skills by building the capacity of UWEM and community partners to engage volunteers that will support and enhance programs like Eastern Maine CA$H (EMCA$H) Coalition and other tax preparation, financial education/coaching, job training/placement and/or other skill development programs and services. Evolving our role to become what the community requires to respond to the most pressing issues, we want to engage more people, raise awareness of the issues our communities face, and activate our cross-sector network of partners. Will you join us as an AmeriCorps VISTA to help create long-term, sustainable change?
More information and application at: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=79956
MARKETING INTERN JOB DESCRIPTION
Purpose: The position of the Marketing Intern is to provide support to United Way of Eastern Maine’s VP of Resource Development & Communications. This intern will work part time in the UWEM Office for 10 to 20 hours per week. The schedule is flexible.
Title: Marketing Intern
Location: 700 Main Street, Suite 1 Bangor Maine
- Update and create collateral materials including posters, flyers, ads, rack cards, etc.
Adhering to United Way’s brand guidelines. Work with all departments on specific needs.
- Maintain and update social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Working with the VPRD&C to create a weekly list of updates and tweets. Monitor best times to post and respond as needed to requests.
- Maintain and update website
- Assist in creation of e-newsletters
- Work on special projects and assignments as needed.
- Support planning and implementation of UWEM events as needed.
- Supervision and evaluation to support course credit as needed.
- Broad based experience in a fast paced Health and Human Service organization.
- Develop relationships and connections to benefit future employment.
- Reference upon successful completion of service.
- Mileage reimbursement available for work related travel.
Specific Skills: The successful candidate will be proficient with Adobe Indesign, Illlustrator and Photoshop as well as Microsoft Office. Candidate must have a strong oral and written communication skills. Be energetic and self motivated, outgoing and have an ability to work successfully in a team environment.
Compensation: A $500 stipend will be paid at the end of each semester.
Apply by submitting a cover letter, portfolio and resume to Jesse Moriarity, VP of Resource Development & Communications at United Way of Eastern Maine via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The United Way of Eastern Maine is an equal opportunity employer.