MARKETING INTERN JOB DESCRIPTION
Purpose: The position of the Marketing Intern is to provide support to United Way of Eastern Maine’s VP of Resource Development & Communications. This intern will work part time in the UWEM Office for 10 to 20 hours per week. The schedule is flexible.
Title: Marketing Intern
Location: 700 Main Street, Suite 1 Bangor Maine
- Update and create collateral materials including posters, flyers, ads, rack cards, etc.
Adhering to United Way’s brand guidelines. Work with all departments on specific needs.
- Maintain and update social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Working with the VPRD&C to create a weekly list of updates and tweets. Monitor best times to post and respond as needed to requests.
- Maintain and update website
- Assist in creation of e-newsletters
- Work on special projects and assignments as needed.
- Support planning and implementation of UWEM events as needed.
- Supervision and evaluation to support course credit as needed.
- Broad based experience in a fast paced Health and Human Service organization.
- Develop relationships and connections to benefit future employment.
- Reference upon successful completion of service.
- Mileage reimbursement available for work related travel.
Specific Skills: The successful candidate will be proficient with Adobe Indesign, Illlustrator and Photoshop as well as Microsoft Office. Candidate must have a strong oral and written communication skills. Be energetic and self motivated, outgoing and have an ability to work successfully in a team environment.
Apply by submitting a cover letter, portfolio and resume to Jesse Moriarity, VP of Resource Development & Communications at United Way of Eastern Maine via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The United Way of Eastern Maine is an equal opportunity employer.