Business Administration Intern
JOB TITLE: Business Administration Intern
REPORTS TO: Director IT & Operations
The Office Assistant Intern* supports general office functions and will provide administrative and office support for a team of 10 staff. This individual will present a professional and positive first impression of United Way of Eastern Maine to those calling or visiting our offices. Responsibilities include administrative tasks and/or special projects, to include outreach, that support all of UWEM’s functions, our various programs, executive staff, and department managers.
TIME FRAME: September – December (16-20 hrs per week) Preferred afternoons, but flexible.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide lead and/or back up receptionist support to include greeting visitors in person or by telephone and to connect those with the appropriate staff person or services that will best serve their needs in a friendly, professional manner.
- Provide office support functions including scanning, filing, copying, data entry, and office equipment maintenance.
- Assisting in executing mailings, to include review of lists for duplicates, mail merging, printing, and preparing for mailing.
- Assisting Resource Development with data entry related to pledge packet processing and creating or updating accounts while maintaining strict standards for donor data integrity.
- Provide support for Resource Development efforts; prospect research, event coordination, etc.
- Assisting Community Impact with the VolunteerME online platform and volunteerism efforts, food and supply drives, and other projects as assigned.
- Maintaining UWEM’s web calendar of events and support Marketing in social media.
- Supporting general office needs such as organization and monitoring of office supplies, light cleaning duty as needed.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word/Excel/Outlook)
- Proper telephone etiquette
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- Independent problem solving skills
- Internet and research skills
- Positive, friendly attitude
- Comfort and/or willingness to familiarize oneself with office equipment such as copiers, postage meters, and a complex phone system
- Supervision and evaluation to support course credit as needed.
- Broad based experience in a fast paced Health and Human Service organization.
- Develop relationships and connections to benefit future employment.
- Reference upon successful completion of service.
- Mileage reimbursement available for work related travel.
- $500 stipend will be awarded at the end of each semester for outstanding work.
TO APPLY FOR ANY OF OUR OPEN POSITIONS PLEASE EMAIL YOUR RESUME AND A COVER LETTER TO HR@UNITEDWAYEM.ORG
About our Team
At United Way of Eastern Maine (UWEM) we imagine a community where no one struggles to meet their basic needs. Where ALL people are fed, housed and stable. Everyone is safe. Treatment and recovery is accessible to all; without stigma. All parents/caregivers can enroll their children in high quality care settings. Our youth are engaged and resilient. Most importantly we are leading the charge toward this vision TOGETHER, as a community. Are you in?
Our staff team is “all in” to further United Way of Eastern Maine’s mission and increase our investment in activities that support the three Opportunity 2028 Bold Goals, a ten-year community change initiative set by the community and led by United Way of Eastern Maine:
- Meet basic needs and promote self-sufficiency for all
- Prevent, treat, and support recovery from Substance Use Disorder
- Ensure all children have quality early learning experiences
To support the great work of our employees, we offer a competitive salary and a robust benefits package including health and dental insurance, a 403 (b) plan, life insurance, vacation and holiday pay, and paid sick time off.
Additionally, United Way of Eastern Maine offers:
- A true team atmosphere full of hard workers that know how to have fun
- A culture of continuous improvement, innovation and creativity
- Regular opportunities for professional development
- Wellness benefit
- Personal and floating holidays
- Paid time to volunteer
- A great team of top-notch professionals that share your passion for strengthening our community
Diversity and inclusion are vital to achieving our mission, living our values and advancing the common good. We seek to promote these core values as an employer and in the communities in which we work. UWEM fosters and promotes an inclusive environment that leverages the unique contributes of diverse individuals and organizations in all aspects of our work. We are dedicated to building a diverse staff with expertise and interest in serving our communities, and encourage persons of all types of diversity to apply.
The United Way of Eastern Maine is an equal opportunity employer.