Community Initiatives Manager
UWEM is seeking a highly motivated, high-performing and dynamic individual to join our organization as a Community Initiatives Manager. Must be passionate about moving our community forward, changing lives for the better and ready to join a strong, committed and solution oriented staff team. The Community Initiatives Manager is charged with developing relationships with various sectors to engage them in bold community change efforts throughout UWEM’s five-county service area. This individual works collaboratively with UWEM staff, volunteers and community partners to develop, execute, and evaluate strategies that advance UWEM’s priorities and “Bold Goals”. This position supports UWEM’s initiatives and grant making priorities.
A Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Social Work, Social Planning, Public Administration, Business Administration etc.) is required, Master’s Degree a plus. Direct experience in grants management, social work and/or human service fields is highly preferable. Equivalent combination of education and experience with progressively increasing responsibility will be considered. Experience with United Way or related human service organization is highly desirable.
To apply submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed until a suitable applicant is found.
Purpose: The position of the Marketing Intern is to provide support to United Way of Eastern. This intern will work part time in the UWEM office in Bangor for 10 to 20 hours per week. The schedule is flexible.
- Update and create collateral materials including posters, flyers, ads, rack cards, etc. Adhering to United Way’s brand guidelines. Work with all departments on specific needs.
- Maintain and update websites.
- Assist in creation of e-newsletters
- Work on special projects and assignments as needed.
- Support planning and implementation of UWEM events as needed.
- Supervision and evaluation to support course credit as needed.
- Broad based experience in a fast paced Health and Human Service organization.
- Develop relationships and connections to benefit future employment.
- Reference upon successful completion of service.
- Mileage reimbursement available for work related travel.
- A $500 stipend will be awarded at the end of each semester for outstanding work.
Specific Skills: The successful candidate will be proficient with Adobe Indesign, Illlustrator and Photoshop as well as Microsoft Office. Candidate must have a strong oral and written communication skills. Be energetic and self motivated, outgoing and have an ability to work successfully in a team environment.
Apply by submitting a cover letter, portfolio and resume to email@example.com
The United Way of Eastern Maine is an equal opportunity employer.