We are currently recruiting for two interns.
To apply for any of these positions, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
The position of the Finance Intern is to provide support to United Way of Eastern Maine’s Chief Financial Officer and Staff Accountant. This intern will work in the UWEM Office for 10-20 hours per week depending on the Intern’s requirements and schedule.
- Accounts Payable bill posting.
- Issuing checks, and/or assembling vendor bills to checks for signature.
- Bank reconciliation.
- Setup excel spreadsheets (as needed) and if the intern has exceptional excel skills refining some of our existing tools.
- Filing and opening mail.
- Posting adjusting journal entries.
- Understanding the pledge process – Andar as an external subsidiary ledger and the relationship to Quick Books.
- Work on special projects and assignments as needed.
- Support planning and implementation of UWEM events as needed.
Specific Skills: The successful candidate will be proficient with Quick Books as well as Microsoft Office. Candidate must have a strong oral and written communication skills and excellent attention to detail. Be positive, friendly, self-motivated, and have an ability to work successfully in a team environment.
This part time internship offers a chance to gain valuable experience, receive a reference upon successful completion, and be awarded a $500 stipend for outstanding work! Find the full job description here. To apply, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Office Administration Intern is responsible for supporting general office functions and will provide administrative and office support for a team of 10 staff members. This individual will present a professional and positive first impression of United Way of Eastern Maine to those calling or visiting our offices. Responsibilities include administrative tasks and/or special projects, to include outreach, that support all of UWEM’s functions, our various programs, executive staff, and department managers.
The ideal candidate will be able to balance and coordinate workloads for multiple projects and departments while meeting deadlines, all while gaining valuable knowledge of our organization and skills that will translate to real-world employment experience.
This part time internship offers a chance to gain valuable experience, be mentored by a supervisor with over 25 years of administrative experience, receive a reference upon successful completion, and be awarded a $500 stipend for outstanding work! Find the full job description here. To apply, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
About our Team
At United Way of Eastern Maine (UWEM) we imagine a community where no one struggles to meet their basic needs. Where ALL people are fed, housed and stable. Everyone is safe. Treatment and recovery is accessible to all; without stigma. All parents/caregivers can enroll their children in high quality care settings. Our youth are engaged and resilient. Most importantly we are leading the charge toward this vision TOGETHER, as a community. Are you in?
Our staff team is “all in” to further United Way of Eastern Maine’s mission and increase our investment in activities that support the three Opportunity 2028 Bold Goals, a ten-year community change initiative set by the community and led by United Way of Eastern Maine:
- Meet basic needs and promote self-sufficiency for all
- Prevent, treat, and support recovery from Substance Use Disorder
- Ensure all children have quality early learning experiences
To support the great work of our employees, we offer a competitive salary and a robust benefits package including health and dental insurance, a 403 (b) plan, life insurance, vacation and holiday pay, and paid sick time off.
Additionally, United Way of Eastern Maine offers:
- A true team atmosphere full of hard workers that know how to have fun
- A culture of continuous improvement, innovation and creativity
- Regular opportunities for professional development
- Wellness benefit
- Personal and floating holidays
- Paid time to volunteer
- A great team of top-notch professionals that share your passion for strengthening our community
Diversity and inclusion are vital to achieving our mission, living our values and advancing the common good. We seek to promote these core values as an employer and in the communities in which we work. UWEM fosters and promotes an inclusive environment that leverages the unique contributes of diverse individuals and organizations in all aspects of our work. We are dedicated to building a diverse staff with expertise and interest in serving our communities, and encourage persons of all types of diversity to apply.
The United Way of Eastern Maine is an equal opportunity employer.