Campaign Associates assist the United Way through its annual campaign and develop valuable skills such as: public speaking, meeting and facilitation, organization and management, strategic planning, and experience being a “Goodwill Ambassador”.
You will work with our team to support and enhance United Way’s visibility in our community. Through this program you will build a network of surrounding business contacts, be recognized as a community leader and gain strong leadership skills.
The position of the Campaign Associate is to provide support to United Way of Eastern Maine’s annual campaign. Campaign Associates serve as an extension of UW fundraising staff and work full time in the UWEM Office (700 Main Street, Bangor) for the duration of campaign (August through December 2020.)
- Serve as a United Way representative to communicate to the community and local businesses the services and needs of United Way of Eastern Maine (UWEM).
- Help Employee Campaign Managers plan and run campaigns to reach campaign goals. This includes:
- Meet with Employee Campaign Managers (virtually) to assist with the planning and organizing of employee meetings and special events.
- Schedule campaign presenters and agency speakers (if needed) and track progress.
- Make short presentations with area agencies at participating businesses running campaigns (in person and online).
- Attend meetings as needed with UWEM staff.
- Deliver campaign materials to participating companies and agencies.
- Follow up/pick up of donations and unused campaign materials.
- Keep the Resource Development staff informed on account status through weekly meetings.
- Keep records and prepare reports on assigned accounts.
- Identify organizations and volunteers to be highlighted throughout campaign.
Eligible candidates will:
- Utilize their leadership skills and are excited to take on a new challenge and grow as a professional.
- Have a clear understanding of commitment to the United Way campaign and the greater community.
- Have access to a reliable vehicle in order to attend speaking engagements and related meetings.
- Bring the ability to speak to various group sizes about United Way and its mission, community impact initiatives, and its benefit to the community. (Training will be provided.)
- Know how to be persuasive and compassionate about United Way’s mission and purpose in our community.
- Be organized and task oriented.
The successful candidate will be proficient with Microsoft Office, Excel and Word. Candidate must have a clear speaking voice, strong oral and written communication skills. Be energetic and self motivated, outgoing and have an ability to work successfully in a team environment.
Length and Time of Appointment: (Flexible)
The Loaned Executive will work between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. with some appointments being scheduled before and after these hours. This position is campaign specific and runs from August – December 2020.
Support and Compensation Provided:
Training for this position to include public speaking and giving presentations. Position is paid at the rate of $15/hour for 40 hours per week. Mileage reimbursement available.
To Apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About our Team
At United Way of Eastern Maine (UWEM) we imagine a community where no one struggles to meet their basic needs. Where ALL people are fed, housed and stable. Everyone is safe. Treatment and recovery is accessible to all; without stigma. All parents/caregivers can enroll their children in high quality care settings. Our youth are engaged and resilient. Most importantly we are leading the charge toward this vision TOGETHER, as a community. Are you in?
Our staff team is “all in” to further United Way of Eastern Maine’s mission and increase our investment in activities that support the three Opportunity 2028 Bold Goals, a ten-year community change initiative set by the community and led by United Way of Eastern Maine:
- Meet basic needs and promote self-sufficiency for all
- Prevent, treat, and support recovery from Substance Use Disorder
- Ensure all children have quality early learning experiences
To support the great work of our employees, we offer a competitive salary and a robust benefits package including health and dental insurance, a 403 (b) plan, life insurance, vacation and holiday pay, and paid sick time off.
Additionally, United Way of Eastern Maine offers:
- A true team atmosphere full of hard workers that know how to have fun
- A culture of continuous improvement, innovation and creativity
- Regular opportunities for professional development
- Wellness benefit
- Personal and floating holidays
- Paid time to volunteer
- A great team of top-notch professionals that share your passion for strengthening our community
Diversity and inclusion are vital to achieving our mission, living our values and advancing the common good. We seek to promote these core values as an employer and in the communities in which we work. UWEM fosters and promotes an inclusive environment that leverages the unique contributes of diverse individuals and organizations in all aspects of our work. We are dedicated to building a diverse staff with expertise and interest in serving our communities, and encourage persons of all types of diversity to apply.
The United Way of Eastern Maine is an equal opportunity employer.