Marketing & Fundraising Intern (paid)
The position of Marketing & Fundraising Intern is to provide support to United Way of Eastern Maine’s annual campaign and help you develop valuable skills such as: public speaking, organization and management, experience being a “Goodwill Ambassador”, building a network of surrounding business contacts, and gaining strong marketing skills.
Marketing & Fundraising Intern (paid)
700 Main Street Bangor Maine (50% of time) and various company locations for short presentations, pledge card pickups/drop-offs, and data entry (50% of time).
- Serve as a United Way representative to communicate to the community and local businesses the services and needs of United Way of Eastern Maine (UWEM).
- Help Employee Campaign Managers plan and run campaigns to reach campaign goals. This includes:
- Make short presentations with area agencies at participating businesses and organizations.
- Deliver campaign materials to participating companies and agencies.
- Drop off and pick up of donations and other campaign materials.
- Data entry of pledge cards for large, local organization.
- Keep records and prepare reports on assigned accounts.
- Update and create collateral materials including posters, flyers, ads, rack cards, etc. Adhering to United Way’s brand guidelines. Work with all departments on specific needs.
- Work on special projects and assignments as needed to include social media, web and other forms of media.
- Support of UWEM events as needed.
- Supervision and evaluation to support course credit as needed.
- Broad based experience in a fast paced Health and Human Service organization.
- Develop relationships and connections to benefit future employment.
- Reference upon successful completion of position.
- Must have access to a reliable vehicle in order to attend speaking engagements, packet pickups/drop-offs and related meetings.
- The ability to speak to various group sizes about United Way and its mission, community impact initiatives, and its benefit to the community. (Training provided.)
- Ability to set and achieve realistic goals and work independently a must.
- Attention to detail is critical.
- Must be organized and task oriented.
The successful candidate will be proficient with Adobe Indesign, Illlustrator, and Photoshop as well as Microsoft Office Suite. Candidate must have strong oral and written communication skills. Be energetic and self-motivated, outgoing and have an ability to work successfully in a team environment.
The Vice President of Resource Development and Communication and Resource Development Manager
Length and Time of Appointment: (Flexible)
The Loaned Executive will work 20 hours per week starting in mid-August to mid-December 2016. Our office is open Monday – Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. with some appointments scheduled before and after these hours. The schedule can be flexible depending on availability, but must include a full day on Monday and some early morning presentations.
The position is sponsored by an outside company at a rate of $10 per hour plus reimbursements for travel.
Apply by submitting a cover letter, design portfolio and resume to email@example.com. Interviews will begin immediately.
Volunteer Loaned Executive
Our Loaned Executive program is designed to assist the United Way through its annual campaign and also to help you continue to develop valuable skills such as: public speaking, meeting and facilitation, organization and management, strategic planning, experience being a “Goodwill Ambassador”, and increase your knowledge of United Way’s critical role in the community.
You will work with a team of Loaned Executives to support and enhance United Way’s visibility in our community. Through this program you will build a network of surrounding business contacts, be recognized as a community leader and gain strong leadership skills. Click here for a full position description. Apply by submitting a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The United Way of Eastern Maine is an equal opportunity employer.